Friday, October 23, 2009

Speaking of Super...


I'm taking a break from the Superhero Symposium. Granted, I think there's an overall break going on now...would have to check the schedule. There was a talk going on in the gallery, going over Comic Art, but my nose started running and the Sneezes came (and I really do mean Sneeze with a capital S), and it was a good time to take a break.

Honestly, I kind of panicked last night that I wouldn't make it at all. This conference has been on my radar for about three weeks, and when my head cold started being obnoxious...I wasn't happy.

But Nyquil last night (tastes like Simple Green, and don't argue with me) allowed me some sleep, and 12-hour decongestant got me through the morning. Though now, I think it's wearing off, and I'm showing signs of going through my box of Puff's Plus.

(Note: I didn't bring the box, but the contents. I had a brilliant moment this morning when I pulled all of the tissues out, put them in a plastic ziplock, and pulled out the top one so that, theoretically, it would operate like a tissue box without the box. Does that make sense? Hard to say.)

That said, it's been a great morning. As a woman, I'm definitely in the minority. No one wore a cape. I'm a little disappointed. But everyone's very serious about the ideas and concepts that supers provide, so that more than makes up for it. The keynote lecture an hour from now is "Disguised as Clark Kent: Jews, Comics, and the Creation of the Superhero."

Okay. My mom just okay'd another dose of decongestant. Hope springs eternal...

No comments:

Post a Comment