Sunday, October 21, 2007

Nine Times

Nine times. Wake up and smell the coffee, Mrs. Bueller.

The Chiefs have beaten the Raiders nine straight times. With today's 12-10 victory in Oakland, Kansas City is now alone at the top of the AFC West standings. First place. If the season ended today, the Chiefs would be in the playoffs. Why can't the regular season end today?


I can't believe the Chiefs are in first. If you watched the HBO series "Hard Knocks," you would not have fathomed this. I put the Chiefs at 4-12, awaiting a top five pick in the draft. Amazingly, KC already has 4 wins, and own the tie-breaker against the Bolts. LJ has back-to-back 100 yard games, and the rookie wideout, Dwayne Bowe, looks legit. Of course, I am completely jinxing everything with this post. But, as of this minute the Chiefs are in first. Check the standings:
2007 NFL Regular Season Standings
AFC West
Kansas City..............................4-3
Denver Broncos.........................3-3
San Diego Chargers.....................3-3
Oakland Raiders........................2-4


But perhaps as inspiring as the first place Chiefs, is seeing Priest back on the field. After two years on the sideline, #31 has returned. His 8 yard run for a first down was clutch late in the 4th. And there is no way he went out of bounds on that play. He was tackled in bounds, and the clock should have kept running. Although Jim Nantz mentioned he looked in bounds, CBS didn't bother to show the replay. That could have come back to haunt KC, but luckily Dante showed why he is with his 3rd team in three years.
Return of the Jedi


Who cares if this is a year old? It is still exciting when the Chiefs win.

All victories are hard fought, and come with a price. When Huard threw the 58 yard completion to Bowe, I lept off the couch. But when the shoestring tackle happened, I threw my hands up in the air in disappointment. Unfortunately, the ceiling fan was going, and there was a collision. My initial thought was I broke my thumb, but it was not that serious. I rubbed some dirt on it. I am listed as probable for next week. A game time decision.

Playing with pain

No comments:

Post a Comment